5.12.2006

update

well, another week is almost done. here's an update:
  • i forgot to announce on here Monday that at weigh-in i found out i had lost 4.2 lbs last week. (13.4 lbs total on WW. about 22 lbs since Christmas.) I was elated!!
  • our car insurance company is coming out to take pics of my car and declare it a "total loss" from the hail damage today. it turns out the cost to fix it is more than 75% of the value of the car and indiana state law provides that they must give us money to replace it then. they plan on giving us almost $7000. so....now we have several options: 1) pay $2000 to buy back the car and keep driving it (use the rest of the money to try to fix it OR pay off some debt) OR 2) buy another car for $7000 or less OR 3) put the $7000 towards a car that costs a bit more than that and have a small car payment. so...........we're really confused about what to do.
  • i've decided to stay at my current job for now (for those of you who didn't know, i got a job offer from a company i used to intern at. i took it into consideration and almost quit my job this week...) but my current company worked with me to get me to stay and i really have peace with this decision and feel like it's the right thing for now.

So, this week has been a week filled with ABSOLUTELY HUGE decisions to be made. I wonder what next week holds!?!??! Yikes!

4 comments:

Linn & Jenny Kropf said...

Wow is right! So much excitement and things to consider. I'm glad you feel good about your job decision...that would've been tough. I noticed that none of the car/$ options included driving the Ford truck David bought and using the excess money for a trip to Idaho...wonder why? :) The wight loss hing is fabulous...you should be so proud of yourself...I'm sure David is! Anyway, have a good weekend in Ohio!

Linn & Jenny Kropf said...

I noticed my spelling was prety good on the previous post...it's can be hard to type with a baby!

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»