- I am so thrilled to have a half day tomorrow. If only that were everyday!
- We finished cleaning up our whole house yesterday and then we had Jimmy & Erica over for dinner. She's like 6 months pregnant now. How time flies!
- After this evening, I have to say that I have discovered the absolute best time to shop at Walmart. During the Superbowl! (...no, we were not watching it. We may quite possibly be the only 2 people in the state, well, the world, who didn't. We did check the scores on the Indy Star website though. Just found out the Colts won. YES!) Anyways, back to the Walmart thing. There were like 5 cars in the parking lot. If only I had not gone to Target yesterday with everyone else in Indianapolis and had waited and just gone to Walmart tonight (it took me 3 hours to get my shopping done at Target - partially cuz I was highly distracted and enjoying my time but also because there were 5 gazillion people there stocking up). Anyways, next time the Colts go to the superbowl, I'll keep this little lesson in mind.
In addition, several major things are going on. I really need prayer for these.
- My grandma had a stroke on Friday. She was admitted into the hospital. Saturday she could talk but couldn't swallow or cough. Then this morning, the hospital called my mom and had the family go in to see her because she was having trouble breathing. I have talked to Mom & Emily countless times today. The last time was about an hour ago. It doesn't look like she will be with us much longer. She has not responded to anyone since 6 tonight, she has been receiving morphine every hour all day. We are all sad but a bit relieved that she will not have to suffer in her 80 some year old body anymore. I have had a lot of trouble today deciding if I should go and be with everyone or not. I have spent a lot of time crying in frustration that I live 3 hours away. If I lived there, I would be with her. If I were farther away than I am, it would be easy to decide not to go, because I maybe couldn't. But the fact that I could have gone and didn't bugs me. I spoke with mom at 2:00 and asked if I should come and she said that I might not make it in time and I thought then I might as well stay here. But then at 7 I talked to Emily, who had gone to see her, and I felt like I should have gone too. Emily said that Grandma doesn't even talk to anyone at this point and it was really hard to see her so I probably wouldn't have wanted to be there anyways. I don't know. This is really hard for me. The last person who died in my life that I was close to was my other grandma. That was when I was 5 years old. I really don't remember it. So we all really need prayer now. So we can realize what a blessing this is for Grandma.
- The second major thing is that I just finished reading Marla's book. I absolutely loved it! There were a lot of really practical things to apply to our marriage. However, I am feeling that our marriage is under attack now. I'm not 100% sure that it's cuz of me reading this book but it does seem slightly related. The dark side of the spiritual realm is trying to show its ugly face in the physical in our marriage. I ask that you all pray that this will be over soon. Marla, if you're reading this...I just gave my friend Erica your 2 books last night. She was so excited to read them!! Don't feel bad about our marriage being under attack (if you do....?) - Satan would have no reason to bother us if we weren't taking things like your book seriously and trying to change and be better people.