3.31.2007

Homekeeping ABC’S

Ok. I stole this survey thing off ladyjabez's xanga...hope she doesn't mind :)
  • Aprons - Y/N? No, I don't think I have one and if I did, I probably wouldn't think to use it. If I'm making something really messy I just wear old clothes...
  • Baking - Favorite thing to bake: chocolate chip peanut butter oatmeal cookies :)
  • Clothesline - Y/N? No, we don't have one.
  • Donuts - Have you ever made them? No
  • Freezer - Do you have a separate deep freeze? No, but I so often wish that I did. Not sure where we'd put it in this house though - no basement or garage and that's pretty much where most people put them, right?
  • Garbage Disposal - Y/N? Yes, don't know what I'd do without it.
  • Handbook – Um…. No.
  • Ironing - Love it or Hate it? I wouldn't say that I love it, but I do it almost daily. I guess I'd rather do a little at a time as I need it rather than ironing everything at once.
  • Junk Drawer - Y/N? Not since we decluttered. I guess the closest thing to a junk drawer in our house is David's top two dresser drawers - but he doesn't consider all that stuff "junk"...
  • Kitchen - Color and decorating scheme? ugh. red checked wallpaper border. was here when we moved in. not my favorite but it does match a quilt that we got for a wedding present. so that was easy and free decorating. somedays i would really like to change it all. but i'll wait.
  • Love - What is your favorite part of homemaking? feeling like I am a good wife when i do things around here for my husband.
  • Mop - Y/N? yep…. i was doing it about every 2 weeks. have kind of relaxed on that schedule here lately cuz i really hate mopping - if i could, i'd have carpet in every room of my house so i wouldn't have to sweep or mop. maybe i will in my next house. my mom does. i'm very jealous of that. most people think that's gross cuz the dirt just stays in the carpet and a hard floor you can really clean but i'd much rather have the dirt "disappear" than be able to see it and feel it on my feet like i do on hard flooring surfaces and always have to clean it. i have found a couple people who agree with me. i guess that's enough for me to feel good about my philosophy.
  • Nylons – only when necessary…
  • Oven - Do you use the window or open the door to check? Open the door, but I'm trying to stop doing that cuz David wants me to just use the window....and it's easier to just do what he says than argue about it. I guess that is quite possibly my biggest piece of advice to all married couples. Sometimes you just have to give in, do it, and stop arguing!!! Life is a lot easier that way. It's not like we always agree, we just choose to a lot of the time. Believe me, I tried it the other way. I was pretty miserable cuz we're both pretty strong willed...
  • Pizza - What do you put on yours? pepperoni, cheese, veggies (olives, mushrooms, onions, peppers)
  • Quiet – i love it. i need it. i really get my energy from being alone. being around too many people for too long causes me to go "crazy" and makes me very tired.
  • Recipe card box - Y/N ? Yes. And several cookbooks too.
  • Style of house - Ranch
  • Tablecloths and napkins - Y/N? No, not usually and yes, definitely
  • Under the kitchen sink - Organized or toxic wasteland? it's kind of a toxic wasteland cuz our sink leaks on one side so we don't put anything very nice down there. just a bucket to catch the water. ...and then there was the time we didn't realize we had some rotting potatoes down there getting all wet from the leaking sink. so it smelled horrible for quite some time after that.
  • Vacuum - about once every week or two
  • Wash - How many loads of laundry do you do per week? 4-7
  • X's - Do you keep a list of things to do that you cross off? yep, i'd be lost without it.
  • Yard - Y/N? Who does what? David usually does it but I help if he needs it and if we're both busy or our mower is broken, we pay Josh Hobson to do it.
  • Zzz's - What is your last homemaking task before going to bed? hmmmm....the dishes or laundry. i often have the washer, dryer or dishwasher running as we go to sleep.

No comments: