3.26.2007

Update

Ok. Now I remember WHY I wanted to get a new computer in the first place. I hate this one. I have been wasting precious hours of my life trying to share pics with my friends, family and the rest of the world. This is ridiculous. Guess it just reinforces our decision to cancel the home phone/internet.


Anyways, here is a collage of all the pics we took at the Opryland Hotel in Nashville. We didn't stay there but stopped on our way home to look at it. It's a marvel, that's for sure!

Anyways, I had a really busy week last week. All in all I worked 26 extra hours in the past 2 weeks. But I got 2 projects completed for their 40% deadline. Yeah. 40%. I can't imagine how much I'll work for the 100% deadline... So, I was ready for rest and relaxation by Friday and that's exactly what I got.

Dave's brother Steve & his family came out Friday night and stayed with us. We had lasagna, salad and garlic bread for dinner. Then we played with Dave's Power Tower and watched Little House on the Prairie. My niece Laura really touched my heart. She came waltzing into the front room Friday night to me while the other adults were in the office and told me that when she grows up she wants to be a missionary and travel all around the world. I told her about our friends, John & Jenny, who are going to be missionaries in Africa. I told her that John already was in Africa then he came back to marry Jenny and now they are raising up money so that they can go together to Africa. I had a recent newsletter from J&J so I dug it out of a pile of papers and showed Laura their picture. A few minutes later she came back up to me with her jewelry box. She opened it up and brought out some money. She counted out $1 and told me to give it to J&J. I asked if she wanted to write them a letter. She said yes. So she wrote,

"Hi. My name is Laura Neer. I know Aunt Katie. I'm giving you this money for Jesus."


I about cried! Steve & Surena have such wonderful children. It was such a joy to have them in our home Friday night.


I really enjoyed my Saturday. It's not until I worked 8 hours the Saturday before that I realized how blessed I am to have my Saturdays off. I did a bunch of laundry. I cleaned out the cedar chest and found some things to get rid of, along with a brand new set of yellow Ralph Lauren sheets, still in the package, that mom gave us for our wedding 4.5 years ago. I'd completely forgotten they were in there. So I washed them up and now we have a "brand new" bed. It was like free shopping in my living room!!

Camille also came over Saturday and had lunch with us and Dave fixed her car. Then she was able to stay with me for a while. We sat on the front porch and talked for a couple hours, enjoying the spring weather. Meanwhile, Dave went muddin' with his buddy from church, Jack. Dave also sold another Jeep part. As I've said before, God is truly blessing us these days.

Saturday night we went to a party for our friends, Jen & Alex. They are going to be moving to Houston, TX this fall, far, far away from their families. I will miss Jen!!

Sunday we went to church and did nursery duty together for the first time since we signed up almost 2 months ago (we only do it once a month...). Anyways, that was really cool. Dave did a pretty good job. I had fun getting to meet some sweet little children in our church. We both enjoyed getting to watch this other lady teach the kids during their lesson. She would show them the Bible and have them pat the Bible and then show them the sun and clouds and fish and trees, etc, etc, etc. I didn't think you could really teach a group of babies that much. But they did seem to understand it.

Then yesterday after lunch we took a nap in our hammock in the beautiful and breezy 78 degree weather. After that, we went on a 7 mile bikeride on the trail in Zionsville. This is becoming our Sunday evening tradition. Walking/biking on the trail and then going to Marsh. Nice. We are so boring. Yet these are the best times of my life. I cherish this. And the weather is amazing. Praise the Lord!

Last night we also did more laundry, dishes and made a batch of peanut butter, oatmeal, chocolate chip cookies for small group tomorrow night.

Today I worked an 8 hour day. That's all. No extra time. For the first time in weeks. It was quite lovely. And then I went for a run when I got home. When Dave gets home we might walk /run some more.

Tomorrow I'm going to have another long day. Leaving the office at 7 a.m. Driving to Vincennes with Camille & Dan. 3 meetings. Driving back. Should be at least a 10-11 hour day.

And, oh yeah, before I forget, did I tell you all that I beat Dave at a game of chess last Sunday??? It was one of the best moments ever. I never even knew HOW to play chess till a couple years ago. And I've never won. But, after watching him play against the laptop last month so many times, I learned how to do it. So I totally beat him.

No comments: