7.13.2006

Adventures in Knoxville

Well, I had a really great day at work. Time flew by because I had someone to work with who was extremely helpful. I was so excited at how productive we were b/c she knew what steps to take, etc.

So, anyhow, I left work at 5:30. I only had a 2 minute drive back to the hotel. Then I planned on going for a walk in the park, having dinner and working out at the YMCA again. However, I was following a mapquest route that took me on some strange roads. One of which had a rough railroad track. After crossing it, the car died. I pulled into a parking lot. Couldn't restart the car. Called the rental car company. They sent out a tow truck. Tow truck took me all the way out to the airport where I got another rental car and finally got back to the hotel about 8:30 this evening. 3 hours of my life wasted in a parking lot waiting for a tow truck driver and then waiting at the car rental counter in the airport for another car... I have a throbbing stress headache after sitting in the 90+ degree weather waiting, afraid for my life because I didn't think I was in a very good area, and being harrassed by security guards telling me to move my car out of that lot. All I could say was, "I wish I could!"

Anyhow, I am glad to be back at the hotel now. Hopefully I can fall asleep fast, but I don't know. I had to take an Excedrin for my headache and I pray that the caffeine won't keep me awake. Tomorrow I'm heading into the office for a couple hours, then I will return the second rental car and hop on a plane to Memphis, hang out there a couple hours and catch a plane to Indy. I will be SOOOO glad when I get home! Next time I travel down here I think I will just drive. Or maybe not. Cuz it would be my car that would be broken down now if I'd done that...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»