1.16.2007

Margins

We've been studying a series by Andy Stanley with our small group entitled "Take it to the Limit" - tonight was the second night. It's all about creating margins in your schedule, finances, emotions and morals. I definitely recommend this to, like, everybody. :) There are 6 sessions. You watch a 20-40 min DVD "sermon" thing then have discussion questions.

Dave & I are in the midst of a lot of soul-searching about what we do with our time as a result of this study and....not having any time the past 4-6 weeks or so.

Dave thought of a cool analogy about scheduling last night:

Signing up for small groups, bible studies, classes, volunteering for things, these all take up time. They are like buying something on credit. You think at first, "Oh, I want that. It will only be $9.99 a month." The next thing you know you have 20 things that cost ONLY so much and they all add up. It's the same way with the way you spend your time. You start out with empty evenings and then decide to participate in something. Pretty soon every evening of your week is taken up with some sort of "good" activity and there's no time leftover for what really matters. The guy on the video says that the important things in life happen in the down time, the margins.

So, yeah.........I don't really have many more profound thoughts on this subject. This is just what we're thinking about these days............and David says I'm blogging too much so I better get going and be with him :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm having a tough time right now prioritizing my time. Soooo much to do--and it all seems important. Trying to remember--God, family, other people, my writing...

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie!
Did you get an email about 1-2 weeks ago from me regarding your quilt and weight loss and some other stuff? If not, could you please email me your email? We might still have an old one. Thanks!
Margy