4.19.2010

What a great weekend!

We had a spectacular weekend. Some highlights include:

  • Friday night...first family night...we made burgers and homemade fries...then walked in the backyard and built a fire in our fire ring.
  • Saturday I mowed the yard. Gives me such satisfaction.
  • And Kirby practically finished wiring our entire kitchen. At this time, we have something like 14 outlets that will soon be live after the switchover to 200 amp service and our new breaker box. We currently have 1 usable outlet in our kitchen. What a change that will be!
  • Sunday we went and worshipped with our New Hope family. When I say family I mean it too. It's not just an expression. We are so blessed to have such close, close, close friends at our church. It is so awesome. And then we had a great afternoon decluttering and cleaning up the shed and the great room. And I dropped off another carload of stuff at goodwill today.
  • Discussions are ongoing about which room is going to be the baby's room. Basically, we are going to have to get A LOT of remodeling done ASAP or we will not be able to start setting up the nursery until like mid-July, which totally freaks me out. The child could already be born by then! I spent about an hour yesterday total bawling about various things related to this. David was like "I didn't realize the baby needed an entire room." I said, "Where were you planning on putting it and its things?" He said, "The great room I guess." He was serious. Although it should have been a joke. The great room looks like Lowe's and the attic exploded all over itself.

Anyways, I digress. I better go for a walk. I will leave you with some awesome lyrics from a song we sang at church yesterday:

Before the throne of God above
I have a strong, a perfect plea:

A great High Priest, whose name is Love,

Who ever lives and pleads for me.


My name is graven on his hands,
My name is written on his heart;
I know that while in heaven he stands
No tongue can bid me thence depart
No tongue can bid me thence depart.


When Satan tempts me to despair,
And tells me of the guilt within,
Upward I look, and see him there
Who made an end of all my sin.


Because a sinless Savior died,
My sinful soul is counted free;
For God, the Just, is satisfied
To look on Him and pardon me
To look on Him and pardon me


Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Praise the One,
Risen Son of God!

Behold him there, the risen Lamb
My perfect, spotless righteousness,
The great unchangeable I am,
The King of glory and of grace!

One in himself, I cannot die
My soul is purchased by his blood
My life is hid with Christ on high,
With Christ, my Savior and my God
With Christ, my Savior and my God

No comments: