9.02.2010

What type of man are you married to?

Click here and read about the 3 types of men according to Debi Pearl in this Created to be His Help Meet excerpt. Dave is a good mix of the Command Man and the Visionary Man. Ladies, what type of man are you married to?

I am in the process of reading this book for the third time and it is just as convicting as ever. It always reminds me of my true purpose in life.

in response to erica's comment...(and some other comments)

it just cracks me up how perfectly she describes these 3 types of men. yeah, jimmy is definitely mr. steady. so is my dad. dave is NOT. and it's a good thing i'm not as independent as some women, or we would definitely ...not get along! haha! isn't it awesome how God paired up the right people?



my fav parts of the write up on mr. command man is "A woman can fight until she is blue in the face, yet the Command Man will not yield."


and on the visionary man "These [visionary]men get the entire family upset about peripheral issues, such as: do we believe in Christmas? Should we use state marriage licenses? Should a Christian opt out of the Social Security system? The issues may be serious and worthy of one’s commitment, but, in varying degrees, these men have tunnel vision, tenaciously focusing on single issues. " and

"The wife of Mr.Visionary should be just a little bit reckless and blind in one eye if she is going to enjoy the ride. If this is your man, you need to learn two very important things (beyond how to make an appeal). Learn how to be flexible, and learn how to always be loyal to your man. You will be amazed at how much happier you will be and how much fun life can be if you learn to just go with the flow — his flow. Life will become an adventure." (HENCE the title of our blog...)

As I think about it, I really think Dave is more visionary than command. His brother says he has "obsessions" - things that he gets totally passionate about for a time and then he moves onto another subject. Right now, it's homebirth. Sometimes it's debt-free living. Sometimes it's cooking healthy foods or making lye soap or remodeling our house. Whatever he is doing, he is very passionate about it and over the years, I've learned to just enjoy the ride.

1 comment:

Erica said...

Jimmy is 100% Mr. Steady! LOL. Oh my word, and I'm the "bossy wife" who thinks he's "wishy washy!" I like reading these things.
God knew that I would NOT want to be married to a Command Man..oh my word, we'd be divorced in 1 day! I am too strong willed myself for that...although, I do believe that a man should be the head of the house hould and spiritual leader--I'm married to Mr. Steady--something I try to remind him on, that he needs to step up or be more in command spiritually for our family (not that we're majorly lacking, but you know what I mean!) He's not Mr. Visionary either, he's not crazy or tunnel visioned..he's laid back and calm and go with the flow--my exact opposite! I love this quote on her site: "This is why many disgruntled ladies married to Mr. Steadys fall victim to hormonal imbalance, physical illness, or emotional problems." LOL This is neat Katie, I love how it's important to know who your husband is so you can show him the love and honor him the way he is. God designed my hubby for me and he knew what to give me--what my personality could handle!!! (you know me!!!)
And Dave is right on w/ what you described too! He's perfect for you in every way!!!
love ya guys!!!