7.20.2007

Highlights of our week!

  • Dave was filmed for a Lincoln Tech info-mercial on Tuesday while at work. My husband is going to be famous in Central Indiana. Do you have any idea how many times/day they show LTI commercials here??? An insane amount.
  • I was pulled over on my way to deliver papers Tues a.m. for not having a light illuminating my license plate. But then the officer admitted that it really wasn't a problem and he just needed a reason to pull me over and make sure I wasn't drinking. Meanwhile, he didn't pull David over. Since David was driving an X5. I think it was vehicle discrimination. I guess my car looks like something a drunk person would drive...
  • Speaking of my car...it is taking a beating lately. I hit a mailbox Mon a.m. during my route. Busted up the part around my side mirror. But the mirror is still ok.
  • I worked 65 hours this week. Therefore, really didn't do much else.
  • David stepped up around the house. I had to bring work home at night and instead of sleeping or "playing", he did dishes, laundry, cleaned the microwave and toaster oven, made Rice Krispie treats, made dinner 2 nights, etc, etc, etc. I love him so much!!
  • We still haven't received our Financial Peace University DVD in the mail, so we won't be able to share it with the church leadership again this week. Very disappointed.
  • Our 2 cases of XS Energy Drink arrived in the mail today. I'm thrilled. I've really been craving it lately. I think it might help me to adjust to this new schedule of working from 1:30 or 2:30 in the morning until 8:00 in the evening every single day ...
  • The Boone County Fair starts this weekend. 3 mud bog events are in our "Neer" future!

Anyways, I am going to end with a little survey of sorts. I did it once last year and decided to do it again.

Five things in/on my coffee table:

  • scrapbooks
  • a pen
  • paper towels
  • a puzzle for kids to play with
  • the leaf that I painted in Cincinnati

Five things on my desk:

  • digital camera
  • stapler
  • a glass of milk
  • a sample errand service flyer
  • our latest bank statement

Five things in my yard:

  • firewood
  • a flywheel
  • Jimmy & Erica’s Chevy Impala
  • a huge pile of brush ready for an autumn bonfire
  • a rope swing with no seat

Five things in my freezer:

  • lasagna, leftover from a pan I made last weekend
  • leftover ham & bean soup
  • a ton of chicken breasts that we bought for the trip to Hocking Hills and then they didn’t end up on the menu for the weekend – guess we’ll be eating chicken this, chicken that for a while…
  • Schwan's vanilla ice cream
  • Schwan’s asparagus

Five things in my closet:

  • a pair of gray high-heeled shoes that I haven’t worn for 3+ years
  • Wrinkle Remover
  • A collection of coins that David just can’t let go of
  • Rubbermaid containers that double as more dresser space
  • Hangers, hangers and more hangers!

Five things in my car:

  • CDs
  • Pens
  • Wet Wipes
  • Registration and proof of insurance (for those times I get pulled over…)
  • Lots and lots of bags for newspapers, all different sizes and colors

Five things in my purse:

  • perfume
  • A flashlight for reading people’s addresses in the middle of the night, or to temporarily blind dogs that chase my car, or psychos that could potentially be wondering the streets at night
  • Lots of pens
  • Checkbook
  • Cell phone

Five things in my wallet:

  • Carraba’s gift card
  • Pier One gift card
  • Lowe’s coupons
  • Receipts
  • drivers license

Last five people you called:

  • Mom
  • Dave
  • Camille
  • Voicemail
  • Cardinal Fitness (called them back cuz they accidentally called me) – is this a sign I should join???

Last five people who called you:

  • Mom
  • Reggie, the guy who is going to wash all the windows in our house inside and out, tomorrow morning
  • Dave
  • Camille Young
  • Salon 6

No comments: