10.26.2009

25 Random Things about Me

1. Ever since our total money makeover 2 years ago, I've become increasingly addicted to coffee. It started out as a necessity to get by on 7 months of sleeping 4 hours or less a night and now I just LOVE the taste...and the energized way I feel when I drink it. I have tried multiple times to kick the habit and I'm not sure how. I feel like I'm getting a glimpse into what it might be like to quit drinking or smoking.


2. My husband and I started dating when we were 17 and 16 years old, on April 9,1999. After 4 months, he "proposed" to me, while he was at his sister's house in Idaho, running up her phone bill!! Of course, no one really took our engagement seriously at that time, and I didn't get a ring until about 2 years later.

3. I went to school to be a civil engineer based solely on other people's recommendations. I wish with every ounce of my being that I'd chosen a major that I actually felt passionate about.

4. I became a Christian and was baptized when I was 17 years old on April 9, 2000.

5. My emotions are swayed by the weather. I feel truly happy when it's sunny. Cloudy, rainy days make me want to sleep. And thunderstorms are exhilierating!

6. I want nothing more than to be a mother. That's been my dream since I was 3 years old.

7. I was once an extremely organized person. In 7th grade, I noticed that all the "cool" people had messy lockers and I surmised that messiness went hand-in-hand with coolness. So, I intentionally started making my locker messy. The habit I intentionally created is now very hard to reverse.

8. I love solving math problems. Some of my happiest moments are when Dave asks me to solve some sort of geometry problem for him so that he can make something the precise length/angle, etc.

9. I cry at the sight of a field being harvested. So does Dave. It makes us homesick.

10. I once went to an herbal remedy lady here in Indiana, who performed a bunch of tests on me to find out what kinds of vitamins I should take. One of the tests indicated that I was homesick. She knew that without me even telling her anything about my family, where they lived, etc.

11. I can play my high school fight song on the trombone, using my feet to move the slide! In fact, I did this in high school in a talent show and was on the front page of the paper with the caption "Great Horny Toes" Not a good caption for a 15 year old.

12. I love our new bathroom (finished remodeling it in August). I feel like I'm in a hotel or something when I am in there. Then I step out into the front room and see the remodeling zone and I'm reminded that I am still home.

13. I've put about 236,000 miles on my Toyota Camry since I got it in 2001.

14. I changed my own flat tire in about 20 minutes a couple months ago. I was pretty proud of myself for that.

15. I love to snack on pepperoni and chocolate chips (NOT together). Perhaps this could explain my weight issues.

16. I used to brush my teeth about 6-8 times/day. Now about 3-4. And I chew gum almost constantly.

17. I haven't changed my hairstyle in about 4 or 5 years.

18. I have never had a manicure or pedicure. Recently realizing that a lot of women have these on a regular basis.

19. I don't wear a lot of jewelry and I don't like a lot of fragile things.

20. I get fired up beyond belief everytime I sing this song at church:

In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This Cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My Comforter, my All in All
Here in the love of Christ I stand

In Christ alone, who took on flesh
Fullness of God in helpless babe
This gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones He came to save
‘Til on that cross as Jesus died
The wrath of God was satisfied
For every sin on Him was laid
Here in the death of Christ I live

There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave He rose again
And as He stands in victory
Sin’s curse has lost its grip on me
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ

No guilt in life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From life’s first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny
No power of hell, no scheme of man
Can ever pluck me from His hand
‘til He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I’ll stand

I will stand, I will stand

All other ground is sinking sand
All other ground (x2)
Is sinking sand (x2)
So I'll stand!

21. Being at Neer family get-togethers taught me to love sweet potatoes.

22. I would love to get paid to run errands, help people declutter, or advise people on how to get out of debt.

23. I am so excited to see my first kitchen cabinet soon!

24. I am glad that we don't have a TV anymore.

25. I often wish that God would audibly tell me what to do.

No comments: